I had not heard before that this was anything I needed to look at.
I've found two references with more information -
  www.chicagotech.net/browser.htm
  support.microsoft.com/kb/297789

What puzzles me with the problem that has cropped up at Walden is that
we've been operating for years with no problem. The one big change
recently is getting a few dozen netbooks running Windows 7.
I'll target them first for disabling the browser service.
Sigurd Andersen