-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hall
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 9:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Pop?, etc)

We use Discovery Streaming, Britannica online, Enchanted Learning (with
mixed feelings - some teachers like the worksheets and handouts) and
Audible.com (just getting started with this). All are budgeted through the
library budget. The first two are heavily used and the cost is justifiable.

We have used Study Island for a couple of years, but I do not handle it and
I do not know the level of use (low, I think) or even how it is paid for
(AYP $$?). I have been meaning to check to see if we are even looking at
data to see if it is worthwhile... Personally I am not impressed (drill &
practice-as-video game).

Eric

on 3/5/10 11:04 AM, Lucie deLaBruere wrote:

> We are getting an increased number of request for subsriptions to various
> products. Some of the ones that have come in are
> EdHelper?  Brain Pop?  Study Island? Aimsweb?
> We are trying to work on a process for selection and funding of such
> resources.
> Would love to learn which ones people are using which people are finding
> most used.  Also what process you are using to select and fund these in
your
> district.
> This year we chose Atomic Learning and Nettrekker.  (not much systemic use
> yet)
> A few years ago we had United Streaming.
> We still have a subscription to RM Math (which is not only web 2.0)
>
> I don't believe many of these belong under technology budget, but since
they
> need technology to support them, I think we can help people make good
> choices.
> Any feedback would be helpful.
>
> Lucie

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.