Agreed: we set up both computer-connected and standalone document cameras,
and the disadvantages of standalone are:

1) Lower resolution (if the projector is XGA) direct from projector or as
pass-through.
2) No capture capability
3) can't switch from camera to other apps (browser, WP, etc.)

on 3/11/10 10:43 AM, Stephen Barner wrote:

> I would think that the inability to capture images to a computer would
> be a huge, potentially deal-breaking limitation.  Am I wrong?
>
> Steve Barner
> South Burlington High School

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.