We have been pondering this issue, also. We have a group of  3/4 graders
who have been writing speeches. Our idea was to video the students
delivering these speeches individually, and then embed the video files
in their Word documents. The tentative plan at this point is to create a
web page on our site (which is a hosted site - SchoolCenter), and place
the documents on this page. We would then password protect the page, and
then notify the parents to email the school to receive the password.
I think this is workable, but I'm not totally certain about it. Of
course, all parents who request and receive a password would be able to
view other students' work, but I'm not sure that that's a problem.
Charlie

--
Charlie Cavanaugh
Technology Coordinator