Hello,
One of our schools has purchased Dell netbooks without the accidental
insurance option.  Online Dell shows that you can purchase this insurance
as part of the configuration for $49/3 years (unless I misread that), but
the best quote our sales person has give us after the fact is $161/3
years...not worth it according to administration, for a $360 computer.  I
have done a single computer quote at Safeware.com at $130/3years and we
will probably get a quote for all machines (around 140 total).  We've also
explored "self insuring" by purchasing extra computers with funds
generated by offering parents/guardians the option for insurance for a
nominal fee ($50-75).
I'm curious, actually our administrators are very curious, about what
other schools are doing for insurance...if computers are going home with
students.
Appreciate any feedback!

Rob Gervais
Technology Coordinator