-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Will Hatch
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: adding a network printer for all users

Thanks for the help on this everyone.  I've tried the PrintUI script,
and it works for printers that have a share name with no spaces or
dashes.  But I've inherited a slew of network printers where the share
name contains spaces or dashes.  When I try to add one of these it shows
up in the printers&faxes window, but says it can't connect.  I don't
know of a fix for this other than renaming the share name, in which case
I have to visit every workstation that uses that network printer and
re-add it.  Perhaps a summer project.
Scriptstart looks good, but I do use Windows Server 2008 for terminal
services, so the community edition won't work.

I'm not exactly sure what is meant by "copying" a set profile to the
default user profile.  Do I delete the default user profile and rename
the set profile?  Do I copy the contents of the set profile to the
default user profile folder?

>>> David Curtis  03/30/10 2:49 PM >>>
Here is the command

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n\\servername\printsharename