From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Gervais
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PowerTeacher Gradebook

> Are there any schools out there who are currently using PowerTeacher

> Gradebook for Standards based assessment. Our district currently has VCAT

> and Powerschool and would like to get some idea if there are any schools in

> VT who are using Gradebook with standards instead of letter and # grades?

We have several Elementary and Middle Schools in Franklin Northeast SU using standards in PowerSchool Gradebook for several years now.  Teachers are very pleased with the new Gradebook with standards inclusive...it's gotten much better!  Standards were very easy to setup/import and we've even used "standards" scoring for non-standard things such as "Reading book level".  Our reports in grades 5-8 include standards and percent scores combined.

I'd be happy to show/share what I've setup/imported/reported and anything else we have done with standards & PowerSchool.

Rob Gervais

Technology Coordinator

Franklin Northeast Supervisory Union

Enosburg, VT 05450