I would think that the inability to capture images to a computer would be a huge, potentially deal-breaking limitation.  Am I wrong?

Steve Barner
South Burlington High School

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Raymond Ballou
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: doc cam

Just installed a $270 AverMedia VP1.

The quality seems stupendous given the price, text was absolutely clear and nice white balance.
(Room is not overly bright and fluorescents were on.)

Small portable form factor, but not many other features (freeze, but no onboard storage of images, no USB to connect to computer etc).

http://www.govconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=9363991&cac

It might pass through only SVGA (I know others have mentioned this as a negative/potential issue) as it did change the size/shape of the projected image (had to reorient the IWB).

The unit has RCA out as well and may use that instead of VGA for next year.

believed to be clean.