I sent her a spreadsheet of quantities and list of our open source software.  Mentioned to her that tech coordinators (at least I do) receive many such inquiries per year, and some may ignore her request. Gave her a contact at the state  -  sorry Peter  :-)

>>> Eric Hall <[log in to unmask]> 03/15/10 7:07 PM >>>
Yes, I plan to respond through the form vs. sending my entire inventory... I
believe this is a legitimate effort.

on 3/15/10 8:53 AM, Bob Wickberg wrote:

> Has anyone else received the message below, and are you going to respond?
>
> Bob Wickberg
> Technology Coordinator
> Brattleboro Union High School District # 6
> 802-451-3418
>

> "Lucas, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]> on Friday, March 12,
> 2010 at 2:34 PM -0400 wrote:
>> Principals, Directors, and Technology Associates:
>>

>> My name is Suzanne Lucas and I am doing research for a thesis. I live in
>> the NE Kingdom of Vermont and work full time at DHS-ICE, as a Sr. Systems
>> Analyst.
>>

>> The thesis involves what exactly our Vermont Public schools have for
>> technology. I plan to compile your submitted data of devices and
>> software and then determine whether or not there are open source
>> comparable products that may be used.
>>

>> I initially contacted the Commissioner, the Superintendents and then
>> District Technology Directors for this information, so I don't know if
>> this request has been passed to you. I am hoping you can help me or at
>> least point me in the right direction to gather the information I need
>> about your school.
>>

>> If you have documented or electronic inventory you can send my way,
>> please do. If your data has not been submitted, I have made a simple
>> form that can be completed. Multiple entries from your school's
>> inventory, that I can compile are also welcome.
>>

>> Vermont Public School Inventory
>>

>> https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEVZaC04c3Y2VWtBZGVuZF9PV28w
>> elE6MA
>>

>> Thanks to everyone who has responded and provided me with your technology
>> inventory or pointed me in the right direction. As you well know, it is
>> important to work with current data. Your time and effort are greatly
>> appreciated.
>>

>> If you do not plan on submitting data to me, could you please let me know
>> so I can document it.
>>

>> Thanks again for your contributions,
>>

>> Suzanne
>>

>> Suzanne Lucas
>>
>> 320 Drowns Mill Road
>>
>> Newport, Vermont 05855
>>
>> 802-334-7801
>>
>> 802-752-6156

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.