hi fred

in fnwsu we are sharing videos from google sites
basically
create a separate site for each student
upload the video
embed the video in the site page
share the site with the parent's email address (any email address)
the video is viewed directly in the site page
there are settings for video that will NOT reveal embedding information or allow downloads

the site can be shared with the parent as view only or as a collaborator which allows for leaving a comment

thanks
gr