This morning on my deck and yard in the midst of a very thick snow squall
were a very large mixed flock of birds arrived apparently together, and
were angling  for space on the feeders: 4 purple finches (2 m. 2 f.)  6-8
juncos, 6 titmice, the usual 14 goldfinches, (one full yellow was stunning
in the snow). On the ground a raven. And in the trees a woodpecker bonanza:
a male & female pileated woodpecker, a downy, a hairy, and a pair of
red=bellied woodpeckers!!!, The frenzy lasted for about 25 minutes till the
snow stopped, the clouds lifted, and off they all went--but leaving me a
happy birder indeed. (I don't believe I've ever had such a variety in such a
very short time!) Nancy Goodrich, Shelburne