Very Cool!! and remember when a few birders saw a "mystery goose" along with the ruddy. We saw a domestic Swan goose today and it fits the description of the "mystery goose" perfectly!

 JoAnne Russo
Saxtons River, VT

________________________________
From: Jim Mead <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 4:43:10 PM
Subject: [VTBIRD] Ruddy Shelduck relocated

I was heading west on Little Chicago Road in Ferrisburgh. I went around the
90 degree bend and was then heading north. On the west side of the road
was a group of Canada Geese (300+). I found a Ruddy Shelduck among them.
This is "probably" the same one that Don Clark reported seeing in Westminster
on 3/13, that Roy Pilcher reported seeing at Button Bay on 3/17 and the same
one that Greg Askew reported seeing at Button Bay on 3/18. Even though this
is most likely a domestic or an escapee, it is a handsome bird nonetheless.
There were also 2 Snow Geese with them as well as a few Mallards and
American Black Ducks. I was there at 12:28 p.m.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead