At 11:30 on 3/13 all 6 White-fronted Geese were in a tight flock in a
cornfield with many Canadas just 1/2 mile south of the Sojourn's Health Club
field.  They were behind a dairy farm on the west side of the road.   You can
park on the west side of the road a little S of the cornfield on a  rather
steep upgrade and have distant views of the cornfield towards the NW from
there.  Parts of that field are obscured by brush so you might have to get
lucky to find them.  No sign of the Ruddy Shelduck in any of the fields I
scanned.  An immature Bald Eagle passed by while I was there, spooking the
geese at Sojourn's.

Mike Resch
Pepperell, MA

In a message dated 3/13/2010 10:20:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

At 8:18  AM -0500 3/13/10, Cyndi Miller wrote:
>All 6 White-fronted geese are in  the field right now according to
>Julie Waters.  She is still  looking for the duck.

When I returned around 9:30, there was still no  sign of the Shelduck
and I could only locate one of the Greater  White-Fronted Geese.  I
was told there was a cackling goose in the  field as well, but was
unable to locate it.

--julie
[log in to unmask]    http://juliewaters.com/

We've heard that a million  monkeys at a million
keyboards could produce the Complete  Works of
Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we  know
this is not true.

--Robert  Wilensky