Look at the label, etc., first.  Mine may be a more primitive
early version...

I'm pretty sure, though, that the anti-tick stuff has a limited
lifespan in the washing machine, though there may now be clothes
that can take more than a dozen washes.

Personally, I stay out of tall grass, wear the socks when I
really need to go into tall grass-- and "go native," as you
suggest!  (Actually, the foot part is inside the shoe, so one can
wash that and leave the part that goes up the leg be.)

Jane