I went to the South Hero Railroad Causeway and located a pair (m&f) of
Barrow's Goldeneye. They were with four Common Goldeneye. I looked around
from the kiosk and found very few birds. Common Goldeneyes were scattered
about in small groups. I saw a single duck flying south and pointed my scope
in its' direction. This put me onto the group of six that the two Barrow's were
in. I saw a total of 60-70 Goldeneyes and 4 Common Mergansers. I was there
before the north wind began to pick up speed. I got lucky to find this pair
because they were so far out. ("Needle in a haystack") I spotted them at 7:16
a.m.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead