On the way home I decided to check out the ponds near DynaPower to see if
there were any ducks or raptors. I did not see any ducks but I was surprised
to see a Peregrine Falcon perched on a small tree right next to the road. I
followed the bird for a few minutes as he/she was hovering and lading on the
ground catching some small mammals. I have never seen a Peregrine in this
area; hopefully it will hang aroung a little bit longer.
There was a large raptor nearby too, it looked like a Northern Harrier.
Here is a link to a photo of the Peregrine Falcon. I was about 150 ft. away
from the bird. I will try again tomorrow to see if I can get closer for a better
shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/febco1/4460857691/

Fernando B. Corrada