Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kit Perkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: March 15, 2010 11:29:21 AM EDT
To: "Kit Perkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Heather Pipino" <[log in to unmask]>, "Ellen Kahler" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spread the Word! Statewide Local Food Summit - April 10th

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We are writing to invite you to participate in and help us spread the
word about an important upcoming event.

We encourage you to pass this invitation on to others in your
networks, agencies, and organizations in order to ensure a diverse
group of stakeholders are able to provide input at this critical
juncture for the Farm to Plate 10-year strategic plan. Thank you.

Join hundreds of other Vermonters in shaping the future of Vermont's
farm and food system at the
Statewide Local Food Summit
Saturday April 10th, 9:30am-4:00pm, at the Rutland Middle School Campus.
If you havenít already, please RSVP to [log in to unmask] to reserve
your spot - space is limited.  There is a $10 registration fee to help
defray lunch costs.  Scholarships available.

The Farm to Plate Initiative is preparing a 10 year strategic plan for
Vermont's farm and food sector, and your input is needed at this
critical stage in the process.  Farm to Plate staff are partnering
with many interested people and organizations to host a day of food
system education, planning and networking.

Join us at the summit to:

Hear from national expert Ken Meter about how local food planning from
around the country and how the Vermont plan may be a model for others
to follow

Hear about our preliminary findings from the Farm to Plate research,
regional summits, focus groups and other stakeholder meetings

Connect with other Vermonters committed to improving the local food
system, and

Review and comment on DRAFT Farm to Plate Strategic Plan goals and
objectives for the future of Vermont's farm and food sector.

Please spread the word to a wide array of people and organizations;
we'd like to have a broad representation from all areas in the food
system.  Thanks for all you are doing to support a healthy and viable
farm and food system in Vermont!

For more information contact, to register, or volunteer at the Summit:
email Heather Pipino [log in to unmask] .  For more information about
the Farm to Plate Initiative, seehttp://www.vsjf.org/project-details/5/farm-to-plate-initiative
  .

Kit Perkins, Project Manager
Farm to Plate Initiative -