Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kit Perkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: March 15, 2010 11:29:21 AM EDT
To: "Kit Perkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Heather Pipino" <[log in to unmask]>, "Ellen Kahler" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spread the Word! Statewide Local Food Summit - April 10th

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We are writing to invite you to participate in and help us spread the word about an important upcoming event.

We encourage you to pass this invitation on to others in your networks, agencies, and organizations in order to ensure a diverse group of stakeholders are able to provide input at this critical juncture for the Farm to Plate 10-year strategic plan. Thank you.

Join hundreds of other Vermonters in shaping the future of Vermont's farm and food system at the
Statewide Local Food Summit
Saturday April 10th, 9:30am-4:00pm, at the Rutland Middle School Campus
If you havenít already, please RSVP to [log in to unmask] to reserve your spot - space is limited.  There is a $10 registration fee to help defray lunch costs.  Scholarships available.

The Farm to Plate Initiative is preparing a 10 year strategic plan for Vermont's farm and food sector, and your input is needed at this critical stage in the process.  Farm to Plate staff are partnering with many interested people and organizations to host a day of food system education, planning and networking.

Join us at the summit to:

  • Hear from national expert Ken Meter about how local food planning from around the country and how the Vermont plan may be a model for others to follow

  • Hear about our preliminary findings from the Farm to Plate research, regional summits, focus groups and other stakeholder meetings

  • Connect with other Vermonters committed to improving the local food system, and

  • Review and comment on DRAFT Farm to Plate Strategic Plan goals and objectives for the future of Vermont's farm and food sector.

Please spread the word to a wide array of people and organizations; we'd like to have a broad representation from all areas in the food system.  Thanks for all you are doing to support a healthy and viable farm and food system in Vermont!

For more information contact, to register, or volunteer at the Summit: email Heather Pipino [log in to unmask] .  For more information about the Farm to Plate Initiative, seehttp://www.vsjf.org/project-details/5/farm-to-plate-initiative .

Kit Perkins, Project Manager
Farm to Plate Initiative -
Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund
Tel:  (802) 425-3013 (Home Office)