To wit, http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0103D&L=SKIVT-L&P=R4800&D=0&T=0

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Which is a bit over 58k' vert.  Not terrible.

The best Vertical Challenge ever was the year of the Great Winter ('01).  It was held a week or so after the Town Meeting Day dump and it had snowed another two feet for the VC.  Everyone was straightlining Chute, which had no bumps and no cliffs--they were all filled in.  But, best of all, for those of us wise enough not to participate, it meant much less competition for the ridiculous amount of powder.  It is, without question, the best lift-serve day that I've had.  And, I dare say that it was the best day of skiing that MRG has ever seen.

--Matt K.