 On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Patrick Haskell <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> GOS starts at Pinkham, but it's an entirely different route than the
> Tuckerman/Sherburne Trails.  You can get from Tuckerman to the Gulf, but
> that's decidedly an added-adventure proposition.  If you don't have skins or
> snowshoes, you'll want to stick to more well-packed trails.

I.e., please avoid the GoS Ski Trail.  As others pointed out, like the
Sherburne, it's meant to be skied not hiked & post-holed. If you do have
snowshoes please try to stick to the side of the trail. Thank you very much
for checking. The other advantage of Tuckerman is that you have the avy
forecasters' reports on conditions.