Come on, Denis.  You know the answer: Global Warming.

:-)

--Matt K.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The entire western half of the continent has experienced much fog recently.  It makes me wonder what is going on.  In 2+ weeks of skiing UT about half the days were foggy.  Often this was accompanied by light snow.  One such day at Powder Mtn. my partner fell from vertigo within 50 ft. of the lift, got up and immediately fell again from vertigo.  The other 2 of us had skied away by then and didn't find him until lunch time.  I am now in Chicago visiting my son enroute home.  Driving here, fog in the evening driving into Laramie.  Next morning pea soup fog on the east slope of the Laramie Range and less severe fog all day across Nebraska.  Yesterday fog all across Iowa and Illinois enroute to Chicago.  Last night in Chicago 100 ft. visibility in pea soup and the same this morning, followed by an hr. or so with a strange yellow orb in the sky but now fog & haze closing in again.   What is going on?  The Olympics were foggy on the slopes most of the time, which is not unusual so close to the Pacific, but in the desert of the intermountain west and on the plains???