Hi everyone,
I've been a bit absent from this community this winter. I could make a variety
of excuses...poor internet connection; no time for internet between work,
ride, sleep, eat; hard to type with a cast (broken my wrist in January but
haven't missed a day on the hill). I'm popping in now to ask for your support.
I'm hoping you will help promote an event I'm helping to organize at Smuggs.
It's a benefit for Haiti, a ski and ride a-thon on March 28th. I'm pasting the
registration form below. It contains all the details. Could you please pass it
on? Maybe I'll see some of you on the 28th as participants! Thanks for helping
to spread the word.
Rachel

Haiti Benefit

Smugglers’ Notch Resort Distance Challenge

Ski and Ride A-Thon

Registration Form

The Smugglers’ Notch Distance Challenge is a fundraiser in which participants
collect pledges based on the number of miles they will ski or ride on a given
day.  Our hope and goal is to inspire members of our Vermont ski and ride
community to help raise money for victims of the January 12, 2010 earthquake
in Haiti. As members of the human family, we feel compelled to do whatever
we can to help our far-away brothers and sisters. On Sunday, March 28th,
2010, skiers and riders will gather at Smugglers’ Notch to ski and ride miles of
awesome terrain to raise money for various charities.

Participants will wear Flaik GPS units that will record total miles (up and down)
traveled during the event. Later in the evening, participants will be able to log
onto the Flaik website and see their stats for the day, including total vertical
and maximum speed.

Individual participants will be responsible for obtaining pledges prior to the
Distance Challenge, collecting pledge monies after the event, and sending the
donations to Smugglers’ Notch Resort, Snow Sports University, c/o Harley
Johnson, Rt. 108 S, Jeffersonville, VT 05464 by April 5, 2010. Each participant
will receive an official certificate of participation that includes his/her total
distance. This certificate will need to be presented to businesses and
individuals who have pledged money in order to collect the donations.
Sponsors must write a check to the charity of their choice. No cash
donations, please.

Participants must bring their pledge sheets to registration on the date of the
event in order to receive the discounted lift ticket rate.

Please RSVP your intentions of participating in the Distance Challenge to
[log in to unmask] as soon as possible so that we can be prepared to
accommodate everyone. Also, complete the back of this form and bring it with
you to registration the morning of March 28.

Location: Smugglers’ Notch Resort, Rt. 108 S, Jeffersonville, Vermont

Date: Sunday, March 28, 2010

Time: Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Base Lodge at Sterling Mtn.

            Distance Challenge from 10:00 – 2:00

            Prizes and Raffle at 2:30

Registration Fee: $5 individuals; $10 families

Lift Tickets: $25

I, ______________________________, understand that skiing and
snowboarding carry inherent risks, and, therefore, I agree not to hold
Smugglers’ Notch or its employees responsible for any harm to my person or
equipment during the Smugglers’ Notch Distance Challenge.