You know, it is not so much the article's topic that rather frightens me, although it does just a bit, it is the fact that Microsoft is involved.
When do your updates come down? Are you required to take a nap and reboot when they do? What does the "Blue Screen of Death" look like when it is your heart that they control?
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-04/invisible-uv-responsive-tattoos-could-protect-implanted-devices-hackers

I am not there yet but may be tomorrow or the next day for all I know. Once upon a time all you had to do was worry about microwave ovens. Now you have to worry about being hacked? (I am not even going to comment on relying on a hospital or your ambulance people to have the equipment necessary to deal with "modern technology" since all of them are in much the same boat as education when it comes to finances.)

Rick

Tech Support
Townshend School District
PO Box 226