I have to support 11 Gateway Pentium D computers in my video lab, running XP
Pro with 2 GB of RAM.  Suddenly, 2 of the machines will not boot.
*Really  won't
boot, as in the DVD drive light briefly flashes at startup, but the hard
drive never spins up.  I don't even get the boot menu/bios screen.  I've
tried the basics, nothing seems to work.  I'm not a newbie, but this
mystifies me.  I wondered if was the CMOS battery; I pulled the battery and
 reset it, which allowed the computer to restart in safe mode, but at reboot
it went back to a blank screen.  Hardware isn't my specialty, but the fact I
can't even access the bios says I need some advice.  Help?  *

--
Drew Blanchard
Technology Teacher