-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Wickberg
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Network problems with HP 6735b

I bought a lot of this model, too  (106 to be precise).  I noticed a LOT
of traffic coming from these machines on the wireless network, not the
wired one, but then, I didn't look there, so you might want to check this.
 Just one laptop could choke the wireless network.  The cause in this case
was the version of HP protect tools credential manager that shipped with
the laptop, it says version Cx when you launch it, where I forget what the
x was..  I upgraded that to version H6, and the chatter went away.  There
may have been a simpler way of fixing this, maybe there was a switch in
that version of the software that could have been turned off, but I didn't
spend a lot of time looking.  When I found a fix that worked, I went with
it.  The machines that do this run XP, by the way.  If yours have Vista, I
don't know if this will affect you or not.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418