I have a student who has been quite ill and we are trying to decide the best way to have him participate in his core classes(4 of them) from home. Our first idea was to use skype and attach some type of video camera to the teachers laptop that would allow for a better pic than a web cam? These are 4 separate classes at different times during the day so the solution will have to be easily transported. Here are my questions:

1. Is anyone currently making this type of accommodation in their district and is so, how?

2. Can anyone suggest a camera(s) we may want to purchase that will allow us to also record the sessions while we are streaming for use at a later date?

3. Do we need to capture the video to a camera, or is there some type of video application that may allow us to capture the video being fed into the computer that could easily be transformed into file (Quicktime, MPEG) that the student could then access at a later date?

Thanks

--
Jason Miles
Technology Integrationist, MHS Webmaster