We had a situation where a student was homebound for a number of weeks and we used a laptop with Skype.  This was  in one of our K-3 schools so when the class had circle, the laptop sat on a small chair facing the circle with ful screen.  When they broke up to tables, the laptop was moved to the table.  It worked well and was simple to do.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Head Network Administrator
CCSU
Office 802-857-7000
Ext. 1039
Cell 802-318-0976
Fax 802-879-8197

>>> Jason Miles <[log in to unmask]> 4/8/2010 1:08 PM >>>
I have a student who has been quite ill and we are trying to decide the best
way to have him participate in his core classes(4 of them) from home. Our
first idea was to use skype and attach some type of video camera to the
teachers laptop that would allow for a better pic than a web cam? These are
4 separate classes at different times during the day so the solution will
have to be easily transported. Here are my questions:

1. Is anyone currently making this type of accommodation in their district
and is so, how?

2. Can anyone suggest a camera(s) we may want to purchase that will allow us
to also record the sessions while we are streaming for use at a later date?

3. Do we need to capture the video to a camera, or is there some type of
video application that may allow us to capture the video being fed into the
computer that could easily be transformed into file (Quicktime, MPEG) that
the student could then access at a later date?

Thanks

--
Jason Miles
Technology Integrationist, MHS Webmaster

The information contained in this communication, including any
attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is
also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.
Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure,
printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately.  Any inadvertent disclosure
of this communication shall not compromise the confidential
nature of the communication.