Lauren,

If we have a program in place and it follows the guidelines see page 5 and 6
of implementing CIPA guidelines at http://vtisp.org/?page_id=88 . We can do
this without having to pay a third party agency.   I would defer to Peter
Drescher to confirm.  Another reason to have this website :)  I also
included a link to a certificate of certification.

Jon

P.S.  An LEA is the Local Education Association and the SEA is the State
Education Association.

CIPA Certification
Link<http://find.ed.gov/search?client=default_frontend&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&q=cipa+certification&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&sa=submit>
Us Department of Education.
§   An LEA seeking Ed Tech funds must certify to its SEA that *one* of the
following conditions exists – ü  Every “applicable school” has complied with
the CIPA requirements ü  Not all “applicable schools” have yet complied with
the requirements.  However, the LEA has received a one-year waiver from the
U.S. Secretary of Education under section 2441(b)(2)(C) of the ESEA for
those applicable schools not yet in compliance. ü   The CIPA requirements in
the ESEA do not apply because no funds made available under the program are
being used to purchase computers to access the Internet, or to pay for
direct costs associated with accessing the Internet, for elementary and
secondary schools that do not receive e-rate services under the
Communications Act of 1934, as amended.

If you would like a certificate to go with it.  .
http://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/lsta/SafetyCert2010.pdf