Looking for ideas –

We have been tracking down a problem on our network where a switch port shows excessive traffic, to the point that it locks up the switch completely for a short period of time, (up to a minute). It you pull the cat5 connection to laptop it stops the problem. We have hunted for malware, viruses, bots, replaced software drivers, changed switch ports, and reloaded Windows and all software on one laptop.

The only thing in common is that they are the same model laptop bought at the same time. HP 6735b.

Rick Mallon, Director of Technology, St Johnsbury School District