found this:  At the moment it doesn't look possible from with in google:  http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/sites/thread?tid=1c0982457f70c289&hl=en

Bjorn Behrendt
IT Coordinator
Mount St. Joseph
(802) 775-0151

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Marion Bates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My secondary domains are listed under Domain Settings -> Domain Names,
but the web address mapping function only allows for
"something.primary.org" to redirect to "sites.primary.org/something"
as far as I can tell. I.e. you can only go primary to
primary/sitename, not secondary to primary/sitename.

Here's a concrete example:

My primary domain: hanovernorwichschools.org
One of my domain aliases: dresden.us
Web address mapping: http://test.hanovernorwichschools.org/ ->
http://sites.hanovernorwichschools.org/test/
Relevant section of my DNS zone file:

test.hanovernorwichschools.org          CNAME          ghs.google.com.

That all works as expected.

What I WANT to be able to do as well is, have test.dresden.us -- a
subdomain of one of my domain aliases -- point to a Google site under
the primary. I've tried editing my dresden.us zone file:

test.dresden.us          CNAME          ghs.google.com.

That fails, presumably because Google Hosted Services gets a literal
request for www.dresden.us and since it's not a primary domain in GHS,
I get Google's 404.

I've also tried:

test.dresden.us           CNAME        test.hanovernorwichschools.org

but that fails as well, presumably for the same reason; GHS is parsing
the request very literally, and only offering content when the request
contains the address of a *primary* Google domain. It ignores requests
for domain aliases.

Basically, I think what I need is, Apache RewriteEngine rules in BIND.  ;)

Thanks for trying to help...

-- MB