It is cool what you find when you are not looking.

I know a lot of schools are looking to implement google apps, but want to enable email for teachers, but disable it for students.   While this doesn't seem to be an official supported way it certainly appears to work (tested quickly).

For each user google allows you to disable email routing.   So for your students (hopefully you don't have too many) you can uncheck Google Apps Email, then any messages sent to that address will be returned undeliverable.

Personally I think all students 3rd and up should have email, and we need to teach them to use it properly, but I know that creating the policies to do this can be a battle.

Bjorn Behrendt
IT Coordinator
Mount St. Joseph
(802) 775-0151