Hey all!

It's that time of year again!  Time to make plans for professional development and enrichment.  Time to reconnect and learn new skills and ideas.  That time is coming...July 7th - 9th at FOSSed 2010!  Eight years ago (yes, that's right...8 years!) we started with a small group of folks who wanted to learn more about using Open Source in the classroom.  Since then FOSSed has group by leaps and bounds becoming an excellent conference and learning experience for educators and techies from all over!

First...great news!  This year FOSSed gets away from the end of the school year and all the hectic stuff that comes with it.  It also occurs "just over the line" in a new fiscal year!  So...if you were unable to attend due to budget issues this year...no worries!  FOSSed is actually taking place this year in a NEW budget year!  FOSSed 2010 will be July 7 - 9 at Gould Academy in Bethel Maine, USA.

We have some fantastic presenters and sessions lined up for this year!  Times are tough.  Education is under fire and the public is demanding that educators do MORE with LESS.  Technology is one of those places where we can simply shift our way of thinking and doing business to achieve results with less money.  Open Source makes this possible.  Come and learn how schools all over have made the transition to using free and open source software in the classroom, school, and district (and other organizations) to enhance teaching and learning as well as save $$$ in the process.  FOSSed as folks just like you who want to share their knowledge and enthusiasm on how they've learned to integrate these changes in their own schools.

The FOSSed program is still being developed as session descriptions are coming in on a daily basis.  I hope to have something finalized by mid-May.  However, I can say we have lots of great sessions for both teachers and techies alike.  Google Apps, Moodle, Mahara, digital portfolios, Social networking, building online learning communities, Nagios and system/network monitoring, online graphics, making music, digital video, backup/imaging strategies (clonezilla, FOG, and more), Virtualization, Open1to1, building your own firewall, Installing Linux for the first timer, and SO MUCH MORE!

Now...you can be a part of it!  Join us for FOSSed 2010 at Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine in July!  Register today!  FOSSed is just $495 for on-campus and $455 for off-campus and that includes EVERYTHING!  Meals, rooms, and the conference!  ACTEM members can take advantage of the ACTEM professional development benefit as well!  So...register today!  Visit the FOSSed site at http://www.fossed.com to register!

Need flexible payment options?  NO PROBLEM!  We want you at FOSSed.  We'll work with you and/or your school to make it happen.  We offer the ability to pay via credit card, after July 1, or many other possibilities.  Just feel free to ask!  :-)  Register soon!  Hope to see you at FOSSed 2010!

Questions?  Please contact us at [log in to unmask]

David N. Trask

FOSSed 2010
http://www.fossed.com