The challenge is to make the VHS (analog) recording digital.  One way is to get a video capture card like the Hauppauge USB-Live-2 or even a TV-Tuner with RCA inputs, plug it into your computer and your VCR and record your video to mpeg (h.264 for the win) in all its grainy-goodness.  You can even use Windows Movie Maker to do it.

Then you can use open source tools like DVDFlick or DVDStyler to build menus, copy, convert, and burn the movie to DVD.

Only drawback is the lower quality of VHS is pretty noticeable on the computer and HD TVs.

Hope that helps,

Mike

batman_yellow_50x50.jpg

Michael Vining, SB IT Support