We purchased a handful after ³experimenting² last year. The Smackdown at
FOSSVT last year helped me narrow down the choice to EEE900 (10²) and it¹s a
solid little box. I am running them with Ubuntu, which has been a work in
progress but I am pretty confident in the image we are currently using ­
does everything we need it to. I hope to expand these to a full portable lab
next year, and if that works out I would consider these for a future 1:1. I
particularly appreciate the battery life, as we are struggling with ³full
sized² laptops and a 3-hour battery life when people want to use them
back-to-back all day.

on 3/31/10 11:05 PM, Vincent Rossano wrote:

> I'm speaking in jest, of course; we all remember them.  There was a lot of
> chatter about them last year at this time. However, the chatter quieted down
> considerably by the start of this school year.   Is anyone out there deploying
> them extensively?  Is anyone thinking they might still purchase a bunch of
> them?
>
> I never got very excited about them, but I wonder if others did and if they
> still are.  If so, would they care to comment on their experience with these
> devices?  Price is the obvious reason to like them, but did you who purchased
> them feel they did everything you expected them to do?  Any regrets?
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> -Vince

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.