This morning (7:45-9:40 a.m.) I checked out the Herrick's Cove Picnic & Boat
Launch areas in Rockingham.  Overall bird activity was fairly quiet with not
even one warbler heard or seen.  Total species: 28.  Of particular note was
a large group of Green-winged Teal including a mature male Common Teal
(Eurasian subspecies *crecca*) which along with the other males (*
caroliniensis*) put on quite a show of courtship behavior.  The Common Teal
was digiscoped but images will not be downloaded and posted on my blog site
(address in signature below)until later today.  Herrick's Cove appears to
establishing itself as a more or less reliable site for picking up a Common
Teal in April.  Last year I had one and before that (2007 I think) Hector
Galbraith and Taj Schottland had the first for the state at the same
location.  It is beyond me to say if it is the same bird.  Birds sighted
this morning and FOYs for VT include:

Canada Goose  13
Wood Duck  1
American Black Duck  2
Mallard  5+
Green-winged Teal  44
Common Teal  1 FOY
Common Merganser  10
Pied-billed Grebe  1  FOY
American Bittern  1 heard  FOY
Osprey  1 FOY
Belted Kingfisher  1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  3
Eastern Phoebe  3
Blue Jay  4
Common Crow  8
Tree Swallow  7+
Black-capped Chickadee  6
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
American Robin  4
Chipping Sparrow  1 heard
Song Sparrow  9
Swamp Sparrow  1 heard FOY
White-throated Sparrow  1
Red-winged Blackbird  22
Common Grackle  13
Brown-headed Cowbird  1
American Goldfinch  7+
After leaving Herrick's Cove I checked out the Bald Eagle pair on Upper
Meadows Road.  Confirmation of at least one chick was made this past
Wednesday.  One of adult bird (the female?) was on the nest and was soon
joined by its mate.  While the chick(s) was not seen today, both adults
exhibited attentive behavior.  During the 10 minute stay other birds
seen/heard (13 species) along the road but mainly while observing the eagles
included:

Bald Eagle  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1 heard FOY
Blue Jay  2