Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on April 17, 2010 on the Maquam
and Black Creek Trails.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot on the south
side of Route 78 in West Swanton.  Traveling west from Swanton, this is the
first parking area on the left after the first Missisquoi National Wildlife
Refuge signs.  Trail conditions were wet in places yesterday, so waterproof
boots are recommended.  If you have any questions, just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the  presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks are
appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful opportunity to
learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget Butler and Ken
Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge board members.

Hope to see you there!

--Ken Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi NWR board member