I sat outside yesterday afternoon with my tea, watching the spring activity:  most interesting were a pair of Brown Creepers working the trees down by my barn.  They would also work the board & batten barn siding, then disappear behind the half-open sliding door.  I have checked but can't see what they are getting back there, spiders maybe?  Female Pileated circled the house then began very loud drumming in the woods that startled us all.  Sapsuckers busy too.  Pair of Purple Finches with the Goldfinches on the feeder, and a pair of Tree Swallows have decided on nest box #4 in the south meadow again.  TVs overhead, and a possible Peregrine (?) flashing by so fast I couldn't get the binos on it, just enough time to process a shape image! Oh yes, a Mourning Cloak flit-by too.
Shelagh Smith near Fern Lake.