On our daily woods walk yesterday, as I was admiring the blooming Marsh Marigolds, I looked up to see my Parson Russell Terrier had become a Pointer! A Ruffed Grouse whirred up and off the lane in front of her.  Further along we met a White-throated Sparrow in a low bush beside the trail, who stayed and stared at us (no, it wasn't stunned!), remaining on it's twig a mere 6ft away as we slowly passed by.  What a great up-close view.  Teeny purple & white violets in bloom everywhere;  5 Pink Lady-Slippers emerging, hopefully they will wait to bloom till I get back from the UK - volcano permitting.   Shelagh near Fern Lake.