At 8:58 AM -0400 4/23/10, Ruth Stewart wrote:
>Julie,  Did you happen to get pictures of these sparrows?  They are
>not on the VT checklist,
>nor do they show up in VTebird search.  Their presence would be
>pretty exciting!

Yeah, they would, if I were a little more competent at bird IDs.

I'm really sorry, everyone-- the more I look at this photo the more I
think I was very likely wrong.  I was so focused on one very distinct
marking from the face that I wasn't taking the rest of the bird into
account.  I've got a lot of photos I'm going through from the week,
and I'll post them later today and y'all can judge for yourselves.  I
also have one other mystery sparrow that I could use some help with
('cause at this point, I'm sure not gonna guess :-) ) and I'll
explain that one when I post, too.

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky