Looked for the cranes on Bristol Pond both this morning and afternoon
without success -- but wouldn't be surprised if I'm just overlooking some
well camouflaged birds!  (Jim, from the dock looking due south, ballpark,
how far out would you say they were?)

Was thinking I might go down there very early in the morning in hopes of
hearing them, if not seeing -- I've seen them in fields in years past, but
haven't had the pleasure of hearing them call -- but am wondering if
Sandhill Cranes continue vocalizing once they've started nesting.  I assume
not, but I don't know much about this behavior.  Are they most likely done
with that for this season, or is there still a chance of hearing them around
sunrise?

Thanks,

Miriam Lawrence
Monkton