A large (and noisy) mixed flock of Rusty and Red-winged Blackbirds was seen
again Sunday along Maquam Creek Trail at Missisquoi National Wildlife
Refuge.  I reported a similar-sized flock on 4/17.  They were quite spread
out through the woods and very difficult to count, so my estimates could be
quite low.

--Ken Copenhaver

Location:     MNWR-Maquam/Black Creek
Observation date:     4/25/10
Notes:     17 of these species were seen on the north side of the railroad
track.
Number of species:     30

Canada Goose     474     flyovers, in 11 flocks, from 2 to 127 per flock.
Wood Duck     4
Mallard     1
Turkey Vulture     1     flyover
Osprey     1     flyover
Red-tailed Hawk     1
Mourning Dove     2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker     2
Downy Woodpecker     1
Pileated Woodpecker     1     heard only
Eastern Phoebe     3
Blue Jay     2     heard only
American Crow     2
Common Raven     1     flyover
Black-capped Chickadee     6
Tufted Titmouse     1     heard only
White-breasted Nuthatch     1
Brown Creeper     1
Hermit Thrush     2
American Robin     15
European Starling     4
Yellow-rumped Warbler     3     first of year
Song Sparrow     3
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)     3
Northern Cardinal     1
Red-winged Blackbird     48
Rusty Blackbird     28     In large flock mixed with Red-winged Blackbirds,
in same area where similar flock was seen 4/17/10.  This is a conservative
estimate of numbers.
Common Grackle     2
Brown-headed Cowbird     3
American Goldfinch     3     heard only