On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Barbara Miles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The BBC has an article about snipe sounds and a video of the tail feather
> that makes the sound:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science_and_environment/10088290.stm?ls

On Sunday I had a unique experience with a Wilson's Snipe in
Waterbury. It kept running up to within inches of me and calling. I
was able to make a video it. Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7orKmkE59Bo (It's most impressive about
1 minute in.)

I was also able to make quite a few, really sharp and close-up,
eye-level photographs of him but haven't had time to down convert them
for web publication yet. Hope to find time to do that later this week.

All the best,
Steve Mermelstein

http://www.vtphototours.com/
http://www.imetsteve.com/