Glorious day here in Pownal albeit a bit on the breezy side.   The skies
are filled with Tree Swallows swooping and soaring and checking out all the
nest boxes.  Bluebirds, two pair as best I can tell, are still in the
'deciding' stage.  It seemed like a good day to mow the lawn while Syd was
putting up screens on the windows and screens on the sliding doors.  Next
thing I know I am being called off the mower to come inside to locate the
bird in the house.  I looked everywhere..nothing ??   I went back to mowing
only to be called upon yet again.  This time I'm told that there is a bird
in the little sink in the kitchen and that it is indeed a raptor.  I put on
my leather gloves, grabbed a towel and  sure enough there was the dearest
little Kestrel crouched in the sink.  I covered it with a towel, opened the
kitchen window and lifted it up and toward the window exit.  Of course it
didn't want to go out 'that' window but chose the closed slider.  We managed
to get the door opened before the poor thing flew of in yet another
direction.  Phew !!!   Last we saw,  the Kestral was flying due east and out
of harms way !!!   Such a treat to have such a close up view of a perfectly
gorgeous bird and of course my camera was in the car.  Dang !

Mundi

Pownal

The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of
morality by religion. -Arthur C. Clarke,  (1917-2008)