I wonder if anybody has any good suggestions for discouraging a
pair of very persistent phoebes from building their nest inside
my woodshed/garden tool shed.  It's old and well-ventilated since
it's a woodshed and very difficult to block all the small gaps
that Phoebes are willing to fly through.  I'd be happy to let
them nest in there, but I'm in and out many times a day during
the spring and summer, and of course, when I come in, whoever is
in there flies around frantically, crashing into walls and beams
in a desperate attempt to get out.

I've hung strips of lightweight tarp that flaps in the breeze
over some of the larger gaps, taken down their half-built nests
and put solid objects in those places to keep them from trying
the same place again, but boy, they just keep trying over and over.

I have a nice big old barn with lots of access points from
outside up to the loft, lots of nifty nesting places, and there's
no competing pair using the barn, but will they put their nes
their?  Nooooooo.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Jane
Shoreham