Thanks, Ruth.  Got my fingers crossed, but it looks like the
flapping tarps and blocking their preferred nest platform plus my
presence going in and out for a good part of the day have done
the trick for now.

Such a wonderful little nest they built in just a few hours, I
felt like a terrible criminal destroying all that hard work and
the expectation it represents.  At least it didn't have any eggs
in it yet, though.

Jane