I believe that  I saw the same bird flying over my back woods last
Thursday, and was able to get a brief glimpse through my binos.  This
would make sense given our respective locations.  I am very much the
novice with hawks and after coming in and looking in my books I came
up with a juvenile Red Tail, but that didn't really fit  either and
the bird was large.  I too thought Snowy Owl when I first glimpsed it,
but knew that that had to be wrong.  I didn't post anything because I
felt that I was missing something simple due to a lack of
knowledge.... Mary Spencer, Crossett Hill, Duxbury