Vermont birders are well represented on the Upper Texas Coast this week,
where migration is in full swing.

Bryan Pfeiffer has just wrapped up one tour and tomorrow (Friday) begins
leading another. His blog updates sightings and impressions daily (e.g.,
26 warbler spp.), with colorful (and amusing) photos. Here is the link:
    <http://www.dailywing.net/>

Also combing the thickets and mudflats tomorrow will be the Tropicbirds,
a youth-birding team representing the American Birding Association. They
arrive in Texas this afternoon in preparation for the Great Texas
Birding Classic, a 24-hour competition on Saturday. Vermont birder
Spencer Hardy is joined on the team by 2 teenagers from Michigan and one
each from Colorado and California. Bios on team members can be found at
the following link. The "Progress Page" will provide updates from
scouting and the competition, and VTbirders are welcome to join other
Vermonters on the "Pledge Page." The ABA organizes this team both to
support youth birding, and to sustain their education and outreach programs.
   <http://www.aba.org/yb/tropicbirds/photos.html>

Finally, our town of Norwich Bird Quest is up to 88 species for 2010.
Later today we'll have an update posted on the VCE Blog (Vermont Center
for Ecostudies), which can be seen here:
    <http://www.vtecostudies.org/quest/>

Doug Hardy, Norwich