I saw one this afternoon about 2:30.  It was some distance from the
dock -- perhaps 300-400 yards south.  It only "surfaced" from the
vegetation for a few minutes, then disappeared (onto a nest?).  I
watched the same spot for another 15-20 minutes, but it didn't
reappear.  I didn't hear any cries.

It was lovely to see it, even for a short time.  I am used to seeing
sandhills in New Mexico -- it seems like magic to see them here.

Basha Miles
Bristol