Today, 22-04-29, and on 2010-04-22, I heard a song the source of  which I
am drawing a blank!  Today I attempted to track the bird down, with  some
difficulty, to some tall spruce/firs, but upon "pishing" was only able to
attract two Black-capped Chickadees and two Red-breasted Nuthatches. The bonus
was a Northern Goshawk that I flushed. I will post a separate request for
help  with a description of the song and habitat.

Location:     Aitken State Forest
Observation date:   4/29/10
Notes:     One to two inches of snow on  the ground and a brisk north wind
appeared to subdue birding activity and  song.
Number of species:     13

Northern Goshawk   1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker     4
Northern  Flicker     1
Eastern Phoebe      1
Blue-headed Vireo     4
Blue Jay      1
Common Raven     2
Black-capped Chickadee   5
Red-breasted Nuthatch     4
Ruby-crowned  Kinglet     3
American Robin     2
Purple  Finch     1
American Goldfinch      1

This report was generated automatically by eBird  v2(http://ebird.org/vt)

Cheers,
Roy Pilcher
The Gables at East Mountain, Rutland,  Vermont

Speaking the same language.