 I walked the Burlington bike path that runs parallel to Route 127 this afternoon and counted not 1-not 2-not 3-but 4 Great Egrets in the wetlands of the Intervale west of the McNeil generating plant. Also, there is an Osprey nest on a power line pole at the southern end of the wetland complete with Osprey. Other birds of note (sorry about that) included Canada Geese, Wood Ducks, Mallards, RT Hawk, Turkey Vultures, and many RW Blackbirds and American Robins.

Just for the record, this morning I had my first of the year White-throated Sparrow at my feeders as well as a Carolina Wren.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington